Porsche 930 Turbo
Engine Size –
The first thing when you think about Porsche is the iconic 911. After the succession of the high anticipated Porsche 356, Porsche decided that they wanted to be created an everyday car, which saw the introduction of the Porsche 911. The 911 is a timeless car that has been revived over 55 years. The 911 is well known for its rear-engined layout which has redefined the shape and future for the 911 and Porsche to that matter. The 930 Turbo was the first production car that Porsche created a turbo on it. In Europe it was a 911 but across the pond, they saw it as a 930. The obvious differences are the wide wheels-arches, the larger rear spoiler which was also seen as a “whale tail” on the early car and “tea tray” on the later ones.
This car has been the feature car on the cover of 911 & Porsche World, this has been dubbed ‘The Ultimate 930’. Having an obsession with the 930 as a child, the previous owner made it his mission to produce a 930 with the performance of a modern day GT2. To achieve this goal, the 930 had an engine transplant with a 993 Turbo as well as having the ECU remapped, which then gave the 930 the performance it needed. The car runs a 993 Turbo engine with a host of modifications, around 520PS (513BHP).
Once the engine performance was there, the next step was to upgrade the car to match it’s new found power.
• Full RS Tuning 520PS kit fitted with sealed RS Tuning ECU
• Arrow con-rods
• Manual (solid) rockers
• G50-50 turbo gearbox from the 1989 930, so very rare 5 speed box. Includes the obvious hydraulic conversion with pedal cluster etc
• 890nm Sachs Clutch
• RS lightweight flywheel
• RSR coil over suspension all round
• Second oil cooler with fan in the front
• Through chassis sway bar on the front
• Adjustable sway bar linkages on the rear
• Front strut brace
• Ruf (yellow bird) speedlines with new tyres
• 993 C4 brakes on the front
• 930 fronts on the rear
• Reinforced rear strut towers to cope with the coil overs
As always this car comes with our 12 months warranty, tax, mot as well as a car cover and optimate.